About Indian Motorcycle® Charlotte
If you're new to us, we want you to know who we are and why you can count on us to work to remain the World's Leading Indian Motorcycle® dealer. It's both a personal and professional story.
You know that Indian, America's First Motorcycle, started life in 1901. But in recent times, what did it take to be the First and the World's Leading Indian Motorcycle® Dealer? Passion. Commitment. Imagination. Perseverance. Timing. & Hard Work.
Our success story began in an automotive service shop, where we also built high-performance customs. Car & Driver magazine called us "one of America's Top 10 independent garages". (Remember those?) But we were always fans of motorcycles, especially Indian. So when Indian launched again in 1999, we were watching and decided to become an Indian dealer.
In January 2003, we opened Indian Motorcycle® Toledo in a storefront location, while a spectacular $3 million custom-designed facility was being built at the intersection of I-80 and I-75. Over 15,000 attended our Grand Opening in July 2003 with gorgeous new Indian Chiefs in our showroom. The response was fantastic.
Then, only eight weeks later, Indian Motorcycle® Company closed its doors in Gilroy, California. We re-branded as North Coast Motorcycle, added Triumph and Big Dog and pushed forward, but our hearts were committed to Indian. (As North Coast Motorcycle, we were a Top 100 Dealer for 4 years running and were actually selected as The #1 of all the Top 100 Dealers in 2007.)
After Stellican purchased the rights to Indian, we pursued becoming a part of that team. We closed North Coast, moved our family to North Carolina and worked as a department head during the development of the new Indian Motorcycle®.
We were directly involved in all aspects of the design and construction of the Indian "flagship" dealer facility. In 2008, after many interviews and no viable dealer candidates emerged, we were offered the opportunity to own and operate Indian's first new dealership. We seized the chance, resigning from Indian Motorcycle® Company to start this new venture.
Indian Motorcycle® Charlotte's Grand Opening took place in October 2008 with about 6,000 in attendance. It was a great beginning to the renaissance of this legendary brand and we've worked hard to keep that momentum going.
Of course, Indian Motorcycle® Charlotte launched during one of the worst economic downturns in eighty years, so we'd be less than honest if we didn't say it was often a struggle. But we succeeded through the continuous hard work of our staff, fabulous new motorcycles and our collective passion for Indian.
As the world's leading dealer, we will continue our focus on providing the absolute finest customer service and earning your trust on a daily basis. We look forward to the engineering, production and merchandising resources that Polaris® will bring--assuring a bright future for Indian. That's the short version of our history so far, as we work toward an even brighter future. Thought you'd like to know
We are located just off I-85 at Exit 22, just west of Charlotte-Douglas International Airport in Lowell, North Carolina just outside Charlotte and close to Gastonia near the South Carolina border. We have a great selection of Indian bikes, apparel, accessories, parts, and service. Stop by anytime and meet our friendly staff and have a cup of coffee with us!
- 2010 - Recognized as TOP 100 Powersports Dealer*
- 2011 - Recognized as TOP 100 Powersports Dealer
- 2012 - Recognized as TOP 100 Powersports Dealer
- 2013 - Recognized as TOP 100 Powersports Dealer
- 2014 - Recognized as TOP 100 Powersports Dealer
- 2015 - Recognized as TOP 100 Powersports Dealer
- 2016 - Recognized as TOP 100 Powersports Dealer
- 2016 - Recognized as TOP 25 Powersports Dealer
- Won "Best Exterior Design Award"
- Won "Best Online Award for Flagship News"
- Finalist for "Best In-Store Display Award"
- Won "Best Print Advertising" Award
- Named one of the TOP 10 Powersports Dealers
* The Top 100 competition is sponsored by DEALER NEWS magazine, the "bible" of the Powersports retailing industry. Over 7,000 Powersports dealers in the U.S. and Canada are eligible for this annual competition. Its intent is to recognize the "best of the best" in facilities, marketing, promotion, customer focus, service, community involvement, events, and advertising.
Call us at (704) 879-4560 or come by today and experience our superior service and selection! We look forward to serving you!
Indian Motorcycle® Charlotte is conveniently located near the areas of Gastonia, Charlotte, Dallas, and Clover.